Character is derived from example. Unfortunately, many parents, particularly those in economically challenged settings, have not had positive role models in their life, and as such they struggle with how to be that strong example for their own children. When you heap financial family difficulties on top of that, you end up with a potentially difficult family life.
Euless Loaves and Fishes wants to help equip parents to be more empowered to make life improvements.
We work well through judicial and school systems to provide parent training and presentations. Judges and administrators know they can count on us to be that resource and connection to help juveniles and their families get on a better path for the future.
Reaching kids when they are in their formative years helps set them up for success in life. Dr. Hearne is a board member for the Texas Association for Truancy and Dropout Prevention and have presented at the following conferences on this subject:
1. The advanced Improvement Conference: Region 13: Austin, TX: July 19 -20, 2011
2. New Orleans Association For Truancy and Dropout Prevention Conference: New Orleans, LA: July 19-20, 2013
3. Texas Association for Truancy and Dropout Prevention Conference: Frisco, TX:July 19, 2012
4. 23rd Annual National Dropout Prevention Network Conference: Chicago, Illinois: March 20, 2011
5. 22nd Annual National Dropout Prevention Network Conference: Myrtle Beach, North Carolina: March 23, 2012
6. Rethinking Learning…Transforming Practice 2011 Secondary School Summit: Austin, TX: June 6-7, 2011
7. Truancy Prevention Conference: Lancaster, TX: April 20, 2013
8. Texas Association For Truancy and Dropout Prevention Conference: Bedford, TX, HEBISD: March, 2012
9. Texas Association of Secondary Principal Association Conference: Austin, TX: June, 2009
10. United Way Luncheon: Euless, TX: February, 2012
11.Chamber of Commerce Leadership Conference: Bedford, TX: May, 2012
12.Black Chamber of Commerce Awards Dinner: Odessa, TX: November 17, 2012
If you would like to talk with us about bringing a parent presentation to your district, please contact us.